The UC Publication Management System
The UC Publication Management System was commissioned by the UC Academic Senate to help UC researchers participate in the UC's Open Access Policies by making the author's final version of their scholarly articles available on UC's open access repository, eScholarship.
How did I get appointed as a delegate?
The system monitors common publication databases for articles that may have been authored by UC authors. Every new weeks, it notifies a UC author of any new publications it has found which may authored or co-authored by them. The UC author can then log in, verify whether the articles were indeed (co-)authored by them, and deposit their article.
UC researchers can also opt to appoint another UC staff member as their delegate to help manage their publications and article deposits. Some UC campus also have set up department-level delegates to help manage publications for a group of people. Learn how UC researchers can appoint delegates.
What to do as a delegate
You’ll be asked to look at a list of articles that may have been authored by the researcher you are representing. You will need to indicate whether the researcher was an actual author or co-author for each item by "claiming" or "rejecting" the item.
For items that were published after the adoption of the relevant UC Open Access Policy, you’ll also be asked to upload an author's final version of the manuscript for public display on eScholarship.org, UC’s institutional repository. That's the version that has already undergone peer review and editing.
It will therefore be helpful if you have ready access to the researcher's most recent CV and full-text PDF or DOC files for their publications.
How to get started
- Once you’ve received an email confirmation that your delegate account is ready, access the system at https://oapolicy.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Select your campus from the available options and use your campus credentials to log in. If you are a joint appointee at the Lawrence Berkeley Lab and a UC campus, please select the UC campus option.
- Once logged in, select Impersonate Another User from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Select the name of the researcher whose publications you need to manage.
- You will be viewing the Home tab from the perspective of the user you selected.
- Consult the Delegate Quick Start Guide for information on using the tools on this page.
How to get help
- Many questions can be answered via the Help button at the top-right corner of each page, or by searching this support portal.
- You may also contact you campus OA policy team.